Wednesday, November 14, 2007

At Odds - Sold


I have been doing a lot of paintings recently that are from above or don't have a backdrop to catch the cast shadows of the subjects. I really like the effect of the vertical shadow. It seems to show an alter ego or some subliminal aspect of the subject's personality. With this painting, I got a sense the two pears just had a disagreement and the moment depicted is the awkward silence immediately following the argument, where the two parties are confined to a closed space together. This is one of my favorites of my daily paintings. At Odds is 8x6", oil on canvas panel for $80. Please visit my blog or website. Thanks.

1 comment:

Map Finder said...

Hmm... I think I like the apples more. You do such a great job at making the apples look waxy! It's an awesome feature that I really enjoy!

Jeff

eight-thirty.blogspot.com