Friday, November 9, 2007

On Stage


When I looked through the viewfinder, this composition worked. When I finished painting, the placement seemed a little off. The problem with doing these 1 hour, alla prima paintings is I don't step back during the process as I do with my larger works. It is hard to see the flaws when you don't step back or check composition in a mirror. I may return to this one to make corrections (something I never do to my daily paintings) because I like the lighting and color combinations. Please visit my blog or website. Thanks.

3 comments:

Map Finder said...

Fantastic! I really like the "smudge" look, whereby you can 'see' the wax on the apple. It's nice, and the squarness of the apple adds a creative touch. Too often people try to make their apples round, but this one looks fabulous.

Keep the art coming.

J.

eight-thirty.blogspot.com

Map Finder said...

Out of curiousity, do you sell any of your works? What are their dimensions?

How do you render them on screen?

Thanks!

J.

jw6537a@american.edu

Map Finder said...

Wow, I had no idea you actually used a camera outside to get these on screen. It looks so unbelievably flawless... I'd never have guessed. I wouldn't be looking to buy art probably for about 3-5 years, but I was just curious about your price in case I wanted to come back then. I trust that your blog will still be up then... But I'll keep visiting... and keep complementing, methinks.

Like I said, this is awesome artwork, and I really LOVE the titles that you give to your pieces! They're kind of witty, but really ingenious at the same time!

Jeff (formerly J.)