Tuesday, October 16, 2007

An Apple a Day - Not for Sale




Generally with these daily paintings I try to paint one painting in approximately 60 minutes or so. This last one proved to be more difficult and I ended up spending about 90 minutes each night, for the last 2 nights. My wife has been asking me for the last few weeks to paint this funky old vase that belonged to her grandmother. I tried to remain as loose as possible while keeping the realism.


The title refers to fighting breast cancer. Today was my wife's first Chemo treatment and we are full of mixed emotions. The pink vase refers to the ribbon representing breast cancer awareness. It is also something beautiful, but delicate. The apple represents the fight. Whatever one can do (self exams, mammograms, pushing for breast MRIs) to keep the doctor away... well at least reduce the number and severity of their services.


For all of those who have expressed their sentiments, and to those who have helped my family and others like us, thank you so much. No one can do it without all of the support! Please visit my website or blog.


-Bart

No comments: